Apocalypto is an Academy Award nominated 2006 epic film directed by Mel Gibson. The Greek verb ἀποκαλύπτω apokaluptō means "to uncover, disclose, or reveal." It is one of my favourite movie. Those who love The Passion of the Christ, might love Apocalypto as well. This movie grabbed my attention while I got a chance to watch some part of it in front of a video shop at One Utama. The interesting part of this movie is how Mel Gibson illuminate the world of the ancient Mayans. You can feel the sadness of their devastation and destruction throughout the movie. Not sure it really did happen in the past or not, but who cares? Just enjoy the story, okay?Friday, August 03, 2007
Apocalypto
Apocalypto is an Academy Award nominated 2006 epic film directed by Mel Gibson. The Greek verb ἀποκαλύπτω apokaluptō means "to uncover, disclose, or reveal." It is one of my favourite movie. Those who love The Passion of the Christ, might love Apocalypto as well. This movie grabbed my attention while I got a chance to watch some part of it in front of a video shop at One Utama. The interesting part of this movie is how Mel Gibson illuminate the world of the ancient Mayans. You can feel the sadness of their devastation and destruction throughout the movie. Not sure it really did happen in the past or not, but who cares? Just enjoy the story, okay?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



5 comments:
Good or bad, not sure but whatever he does, lot of people will be happy or upset. Still, I would like to see it but I prefer him to make more Lethal Weapon movies
This is a good movie, here what I have seen:
1. The clash of culture: Civilisation and Tradisional.
2. Blindness of belief.
3. The true and fade happiness. Ancient Mayan use violence to get rid of worries.
yeah... it was a nice movie. after watching it in the labtop, i immediately surfed the website for the story behind...
a thumb-up!!!
I already watched this movie. VERY GOOD... Though it's not in English, but there is subtitle. So when you by, get a clear version with subtitle, and with good sound system. It's a very good show..
You might wanna try the movie "Crash" also.. Very touching movie, also by Mel Gibson.
But I wonder why Mel Gibson's show is always banned..haha!
Oh yea, abput Apocalypto, yes all that really did happen.
Post a Comment