Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Homemade Mango Kerabu

Taste 'yat lao ah'!!!
Ingredients
• 1 unripe green mango, cleaned and with skin on
• 1 cucumber, cleaned and with skin on
• 25g dried anchovies (ikan bilis)
• 1 tbsp dried prawns, soaked and coarsely pounded
• A handful raw peanuts
• 100g shallots, sliced (small onion) - din put bcoz I dun like to eat shallots
• 5 bird’s eye chillies, sliced (cili padi) - din put bcoz dun want it to be spicy

Salad dressing
• 2 tbsp lime juice
• 1 tbsp fish sauce - a precious condiment bought from Bangkok
• 1 tbsp sesame oil
• 1 tbsp sugar

Method
1. Fry anchovies until fragrant and crispy. Dish out and set aside. Heat wok until hot, then put in raw peanuts and salt. Lower the heat and stir-fry constantly for 10–15 minutes with a quick to-and-fro motion.

2. Fry until peanut skin begins to blister and turn brown. Before dishing up, test a peanut by tasting it. Remove and allow to cool before removing the skin.

3. Shred mango and cucumber with a shredder and combine shallots , chillies and dried prawns in a salad bowl. Mix dressing ingredients together and add into the mango mixture. Toss well to combine. Just before serving, stir in peanuts and anchovies.

味露 Thai Fish Sauce

12 comments:

Kok Keong said...

哇,什么名堂啊?
我也是第一次看。
呵呵呵!!!

Blueyebabe said...

怎么你们都没看/听过?
很好吃的哦!
Mango Kerabu 是泰国小吃,也是我的最爱。

Kok Keong said...

我真的没有听过Mango Kerabu啦。
下次去泰国一定要去找找看。
看看是不是你说得那么好吃。
呵呵呵!!!

Apple said...

The fish sauce same as mine, but I get from Jusco only woooo

Andy Lo said...

BlueEye dunno where to find ma... I think most probably Cold Storage got also...

Blueyebabe said...

Last time I search for fish sauce in local supermarket and there are too many brands till I dun know which one to choose. After seeing every street stalls in Bangkok oso using this brand, then I know which brand to choose oledi loh. Sumore buy in Bangkok more fresh mah.

Kok Keong said...

哇!如果你用完了后,你再去曼谷买吗?
这是不大可能吧!

Blueyebabe said...

不了,下次我会到越南去买越南的鱼酱尝尝。
呵呵!

Andy Lo said...

Haha... Not bad... This Malaysian chef went all the way to Thailand to do survey for fish oil!! Hebat... hehe...
How much was it?

Blueyebabe said...

This bottle is just 5 Baht(about RM0.50)..
Next time I want to try other famous condiment from other countries..hehe

Andy Lo said...

What??? RM0.50? Dude.... we cant even get the cost for the bottle here in Malaysia.... amazing...

Blueyebabe said...

Coz it is just 60ml, cute little small bottle.

モモ Momo

PitaPata Dog tickers

ビビ Bibi

PitaPata Dog tickers