It was a minor road accident but huge damage to my baby includes: tyre punctured, side mirror fell off, dented at door & fender, door lock spoil... total lost = RM1,380! ~>_<~
The car accident was happened on 9 Feb about 9:30pm @ Jalan SS2/17, Chow Yang. That night was a Thursday Pasar Malam night as there were a lot of cars parking beside the road, and a lot pedestrians were crossing roads. I was driving at slow speed as I was looking for empty space for parking...when all of a sudden, a car from the opposite way moving over partially into my lane causing side collision due to the driver wanted to avoid some cars which were parking at the road shoulder on his left. On the other hand, there is no blockage and no cars were parking at my left side and I was keeping to my own lane.
After the accident happened, I was in shocked and have no time to brace myself for the impact as this is the first time I met a car accident with my 15 years of driving experience. The young driver came down from his car with his gf, they both start with introducing they are lawyers and giving me name card, and then blaming me it was my fault for not avoiding his car and asked me to pay for his car damage. I tried to argue with him as I found the pieces of his side mirror on my lane. But he refuse to admit, he said the glass might be bounce to other direction after the collision. He then said if I refuse to pay him and go to lodge police report, he will then send me a lawyer letter. I was panic and feel like being threaten by this lawyer as I don't know what he will do to sue me using the law he knows.
After deep consideration, I think I should go for legal way and go to lodge a police report. I felt so unfair coz firstly, still don't know who's right or wrong but then he keep saying is my fault and wanted me to compensate for his car damage, secondly he abuse his power as a lawyer, he intimidate other by saying he is lawyer and threaten to sue if I refuse to pay and go to lodge police report! I was wondering why he so afraid of I go lodge police report, as like he realized the accident was his fault and he was trying to cover it. There was a witness who saw a few cars parking at the shoulder of the road, and asking the lawyer whether he got bang into that car or not. But in the police report, the lawyer was hiding the truth, he dare not mention about a few cars were parking at the road shoulder on his left.
There were a same case as my friend told me that his teacher was involved in a road accident with a lawyer last time, it was the lawyer's fault but the lawyer forced the teacher to pay for his car damage. The teacher wanted to avoid all the trouble and agree to pay the lawyer. After paying the lawyer, the teacher did not go to lodge police report. However, the lawyer went to lodge police report afterwards, and 1 year later the teacher received a lawyer letter and she needs to pay again for the lawyer's car damage.



2 comments:
at the end, did u pay for the lawyer?
Of coz no lor.. at the end I choose to lodge police report, and he wanted to send me lawyer letter/sue me for lodge police report, I'm still waiting for it.
Post a Comment